Quantcast

Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

Rohan R. Rao
Administrator
Cobra - Naag in Marathi
Common Krait - Manyar in Marathi
Russel Viper - Ghonas in Marathi
Saw scaled Viper - Phursa in Marathi

Common Krait is the most venomous one and Saw scaled viper is smallest and most aggressive one amongst the big four!

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

kailash dhumal
....thnx for the info......yet to encounter any snake during treks.....i just hope these 4 dnt block my way...

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

Rohan R. Rao
Administrator
Hmm.. I have encountered Cobra on the way.. spectacled cobra..
Sighted a Russel and a Krait on my treks so far...

Well more and more info a-on the reptiles..esp. snakes would be added soon.. they never cease to fascinate me!

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

Rohan R. Rao
Administrator
Russel Viper released near Mahipatgad -

Russel Viper taking an attacking position -

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

Ketan.Khairnar
We too encountered Russel Viper on the way to Hargad in last year-end Salher-Mulher-Mora-Hargad-Mangi-Tungi trek.

These are lot more faster on the surface than you anticipate so take care

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

vinay.savla
Have encountered a Saw Scaled Viper.. Once on a trek to Chanderi. Pic below.. (rohan were you there on that trek?) Wine Snakes, Work Snakes, Keel Backs, and Shield tails are a few other non poisonous snakes I have seen in the sahyadris.. am usually on a lookout for one on all treks.. though my eyes rarely find one unless its obviously visible.. :(

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

akshay deshmukh
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,
 I  am from amravati (dis.).
 i am a member of CARS wild life society. i wana some information of snake of   maharashtra.

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

Aditya A. Miskin
as per ur sayying plz i would like to know that which types of venomous is russel viper?plz reaply by sms or by call on this no.07411938312 plz its urgent

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

clinton
hey....den wats did 'ZADYA' snake???

hey....den wats dis 'ZADYA' snake???

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

clinton
hey....den wats dis 'ZADYA' snake???
and also DAMNYA ??

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

sumit sakharkar
Hi..

hi....
sir plz give me imfrmation about maha. snake

Re: Big four venomous snakes in Maharashtra

sumit sakharkar